Another great banquet has been planned for 2016 with some great raffle, auction, and door prizes. The banquet is a great opportunity to get together with your fellow members and guests and share some of this past season's fishing stories. It is also our major fund raiser to help support our work in protecting and enhancing our cold water streams through or water monitoring and work days. Our work helps to ensure a healthy trout fishing environment for our children's future.
Some of the projects and programs are listed below:
- Stream restoration work on area streams to provide better habitat and conditions for trout to survive and to improve fishing conditions.
- Water quality monitoring of streams to evaluate the status of our streams and detect problem areas that need corrective work.
- Educational programs on fishing and environmental issues.
- Fly tying and fly casting clinics and other related clinics on to help people get started or improve their skills.
- Monthly programs on a variety of subjects
- Annual CWTU Fly Fishing School
- Youth fishing programs
- Other activities and events that support our mission "To Protect, Preserve, and Restore our Cold Water Fisheries"
Great Raffle Prizes and Auction Items to include items such as:
- Switch rod created by Scott Grady
- Other high end rods and reels
- Digital Waterproof Go Pro camera to take with you on the trout stream
- Russ Bouck Tying Benches
- Jewelry Cup Cake Raflle
- Green Bay Packer Memorabilia
- Special hand tied flies by members and area tiers
- Framed prints, paintings, and other artist items
- Special meat packages from Beck's Meats
- Guided trout fishing trips such as for the Big Horn River in Montana and local Wisconsin waters
- WC Russell Moccasins
- An many other items
Everyone attending will receive a door prize.
Sponsor Prizes - This year's sponsor package will be a gift certificate from Tight Lines Fly Fishing Company in De Pere. The sponsor package will also include two banquet tickets (one for the sponsor and one for their guest). The cost of the sponsor package is $300.
The doors will open at 4:30pm for registration, drinks, and a chance to check out the raffle and auction prizes and purchase tickets on all these great prizes. Come early ad enjoy sharing fishing stories. Dinner will begin at 5:30pm. During the dinner and throughout the banquet we will provide updates on CWTU programs and activities that took place during the last year, and provide an outline of activities and programs for 2016-17. There will also be special recognitions awards presented.